Participants in LightRecycle Washington are the producers, retailers, and/or distributors who sell mercury-containing lights in or into Washington State at retail. See our Resource Centre, FAQ and Participant News sections to learn more about the recycling of lighting products in Washington State and get useful information specific to participants that are potentially obligated under state regulations.
The LightRecycle Washington program was developed according to the provisions of Chapter 70.275 of the Revised Code of Washington “Mercury-containing lights-proper disposal” and is administered by PCA Product Stewardship (PCA), a non-profit organization. The program is funded through an Environmental Handling Charge (EHC) that is added to the price of each mercury-containing light sold at retail in Washington State and remitted to the program by participating producers, retailers and distributors.
Additional information about the program, the EHC, registration and reporting can be found using the links below.
- Regulatory Documents & Links
- Department of Ecology Website on Mercury-Containing Lights
- The Mercury-containing Lights Law (Chapter 70.275 RCW)
- Mercury-containing Lights Rule (Chapter 173-910 WAC)
- Department of Ecology List of Participating Producers
- LightRecycle Washington Mercury-containing Lights Program Plan Update (2017)
- LightRecycle Washington Mercury-containing Lights Program Plan (2015)
- Mercury-containing Lights Program Plan Approval Letter
- Department of Ecology Questions and Answers Regarding Sales of Mercury-Containing Lights
- Participant Documents & Policies
- Program Communication Materials